Become a Youth Member
If you’ve been to jail or on Probation and are between the ages of 14 and 25, you can become a Youth Member at Friends. A Youth Member is part of a community of young people who have been involved in the justice system but want to make a change in their lives and stay alive and free. After joining Friends, we will stick by you no matter what struggles you face. We will believe in you, and we will support you for as long you want to stay with us—months, years, or however long you want. And as long as you’re willing to do your part.
We can help you if you want to:
- Finish high school, earn your high school equivalency, or go to college or vocational school;
- Fill out your resume and get a job or internship;
- Build self-esteem;
- Stay healthy and active in your alive and free lifestyle;
- Get involved in the arts, including digital photography classes, visual arts workshops, spoken word and more;
- Join our sports teams;
- Talk with other young people who are trying to achieve success after jail or probation;
- Be active in your community and learn how to help other people who have been in your situation.
To become a Youth Member at Friends, you can reach us in the following ways:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 212-760-0755
- Drop by our offices in Harlem, at:
127 West 127th Street, Suite 127
New York, NY 10027
(127th Street between Lenox Ave. and Adam Clayton Powell Ave.,
Close to the 125th Street 2 and 3 station)
Are you a father over 25? Come to our Bronx Office or enroll in Friends to Fathers.
Are you a father younger than 25, recently incarcerated on Rikers Island? Join our Step Up Program.